Thursday, August 24, 2023

The Never-Ending End of the World by Ann Christy

The Never-Ending of the World
 This is the first book by Ann Christy I've read and based on it, I know I have found a new author to follow. What an amazingly plotted story--from start to finish. 

Coco has been surviving in a world where something has caused time loops: people all around her continually repeat their actions. Alone in Manhattan, she has learned to navigate these loopers because interrupting the loops kills the person. Coco questions why she is different and wonders if she is truly alone. She eventually ventures outside of Manhattan where she meets Forrest, Jorge, and Tamara and learns there are two distinct beliefs for survival: Chosen and Seekers. She must pick a camp.

I admit I was a bit puzzled when I began the book, trying to figure out what was happening. When I realized that Coco also didn't have a clue, I settled back and let the story unfold. As told by Coco and Forrest, this is an interesting take on humanity when it essentially resets. Guided by differing belief systems, these two protagonists handle daily life-or-death situations differently and have strong convictions that would seemingly put them at odds. The lesson they learn is that compromise is the key to survival. This is a wonderfully written novel whose pacing and intricate plot and subplots are excellent. It's a story I sank my teeth in and thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank you, NetGalley and Jackson Dickert for an advance copy of this book for review. The publication date is August 8, 2023.
 

For more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts