Sunday, March 10, 2024

Caught by Harlan Coben

 

I started watching Harlan Coben's adapted books on Netflix and enjoyed them so much that I thought I would try one in book form. Even though this is one of his older books, it has held up and proved to be suspenseful and twisty—much like his adaptations.

When investigative TV reporter Wendy Tynes sets up a sting to catch suspected pedophile Dan Mercer, she sets off a string of events that eventually calls into question her journalistic integrity. As Wendy dives deeper into Dan's past, she finds secrets and perhaps a link to a missing teenager. Could seemingly good guy Dan be a monster, or did Wendy miss something? The more she digs, the more questions arise.

This is a fast-paced psychological thriller that doesn't disappoint. Although written in 2010, only a few instances show its age. I tried Coben's Myton Bolitar series a few years ago but gave up after the first book for reasons I don't remember. Based on this book and the adapted books, I think I'll give it another try. 

4/5 stars.

For more information:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts