When Reece discovers what looks like a murder-suicide at the family home, with his father as the perpetrator, his world comes apart. He knew his parents' marriage was rocky, but this seems a bit extreme. Trying to shield his son from the horror, Reece begins to question the circumstances of the crime. And he's not the only one; the police have their doubts as well. With both digging into the family's past, secrets are uncovered, and relationships are strained in pursuit of the truth.
This is an excellent psychological thriller. I expected plot twists, but unlike some thrillers, these twists are believable. Told from multiple points of view and different timelines, this well-plotted story unfolds at a breakneck pace. Its plot is compelling and, while I wasn't sympathetic to all of the characters, I felt they were genuine.
4/5 stars.
Thank you, NetGalley and William Morrow, for an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. The publication date is August 25, 2026.
For more information:

No comments:
Post a Comment